Monday, January 7, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Here is the promised recipe! I made my own (low-fat) version of this delicious recipe last Thursday for family dinner and it was a hit! Super easy and quick to make. I paired it with fresh green beans (drizzled with olive oil and grated parmesan  cheese) and a crisp white wine. Perfection :)

Follow the link to my pinterest page, and from there to the actual recipe! Enjoy!





Ingredients:
1 Box of Penne Pasta
2 Tablespoons of Butter (I used "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter)
2 Tbsp. Flour
4 Tbsp. Dry (Spicy) Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
3 Cups Milk
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I used low fat...because every extra calorie counts, gosh darnit!)
2/3 Cup Cooked, Chopped Bacon Crumbles
2 Cups Cooked Chopped Chicken (I just got a can of cooked, chunked chicken from Wal-Mart and it worked out perfectly)

In a large pot, cook up that pasta according to the instructions on the package--drain and set aside.

In the exact same pot you just used (because why dirty more dishes than necessary?), melt the butter, add the flour and stir. Cook up that little concoction for 1 minute and then slowly begin to whisk in the milk. Continue cooking it until the sauce thickens*. Stir in ranch dressing mix and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Add chicken, bacon, and finally the pasta you set aside earlier. Stir it up to coat the pasta in cheesy bacon-y deliciousness.

*I found that the sauce really didn't thicken until the cheese was added later....

No comments:

Post a Comment