Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Laos

Today one of my dearest friends starts her newest adventure--a whirlwind 6 month trip to live in Laos.

Her bags are packed.

Skype "Coffee Dates" are set.

Phone calls have been made.

But this leaves me wondering....what the heck does one do when a sister(ish) moves away?! And not just down the street or to another town or to a different state....TO LAOS?! Which is a full on 12 hours different.

I am basically doing the grown up equivalent of kicking and screaming and pouting. SO mature of me. To be fair, I am also trying to be supportive. Just as an FYI it's difficult to do both.

I'm so proud and so happy for my independent friend. She is so brave and good and strong. She is the epitome of the word fearless.

Have so many good adventures, Miss Christine. Love you and miss you to the moon and back!


1 comment:

  1. I don't remember any kicking and screaming! :)
    Thanks for being so supportive sister! I'll wait eagerly by my computer for Skype calls and make a list of places where you should visit once you book your flights to Laos... I've already got a pretty good selection for you.
    Let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete