Sunday, August 3, 2014

CHRISTINE VISITS!

SO my world traveling bestie made a pit stop in Valpo last week :) When she and I are together it usually turns into a 48 hour food lovin' marathon. Seriously, when I visited her in New York we went to approximately 15 restaurants/cafes....in four days. Normal? No. Healthy? Questionable. Awesome? Decidedly.

We spent the day in Chicago looking for yummy food and good books--we weren't disappointed.






I think one of our FAVORITE stops of the day, though, was this great pizza place--Homeslice Wheelhouse. LOVED it. So delicious that I wished I could stretch my stomach so that I could eat more pizza (a common and reoccurring wish in my life...) The best part was this fabulous little dog named Gary that wandered around the restaurant. He was so cute and would just flop down by your feet...just chillin. I wish I could take him home!!



The rest of the weekend flew by in a blur of yumblies and (....wait for it....) BRIDESMAID DRESS SHOPPING!!! Having found my own wedding dress last week (*tries to contain massive amounts of excitement*), I thought this would be a great and unbelievably convenient week to find the perfect bridesmaid dress for the girls. To be honest, I also didn't really want to be the one to pick out the dress for the girls. I'm not the one who'll be wearing it, so to me it made more sense to have Christine pick out the dress. And boy did she do an EXCELLENT job!!








Can't wait to see you again, my friend!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment